In Argumentation.io, you can move reason and objection boxes onto reason, objection, main contention, or inference boxes. Note that you can’t move the main contention box, inference boxes, or group boxes.
Drag and drop the box onto the desired box.
- Select the desired reason or objection.
- Use the “From” command (Shift+Alt+F).
- Use the Shift+Alt+arrow keys to navigate to the box you want to move the reason or objection below.
- Use the “To” command (Shift+Alt+T) to move the reason or objection below the selected box. The reason or objection’s node and group box will come with it and go between it and the selected box. Voilà!
If you’re moving a box that has other boxes below and linked with it, those boxes will move along with it, no matter how complex a branch they form.
Reason and objection boxes can be moved so that they’re below and linked to reason, objection, main contention, or inference boxes.
You can move a reason or objection into a reason or objection group, thus making it a co-premise with whatever else is in that group, by either
- Dragging it onto the top of the reason-group box, or
- Selecting the reason, using the “From” (Shift+Alt+F) function, navigating to the desired reason-group box with the Shift+Alt+arrow key commands, and then using the “To” function (Shift+Alt+T).
Drag the co-premise box that you want to move to the spot you want to move it to. For example, if you want it between claims A and B, drag the co-premise box between A and B. With the top of the group box highlighted, drop the box.
To move a co-premise box to the right of the box currently to its right, select it and then click Shift+Alt+N. To move a co-premise box to the left of the box currently to its left, select it and then click Shift+Alt+B